Holmen Husky Lodge The Ultimate Expedition - Dog SleddingDate: Wednesday 26 apr 2017
Come out for an extended expedition into the wild arctic plateau. Get away from the “regular” world in a unique way that only a very few people will experience!
On the first day, we'll bring you out to the farm, introduce you to the dogs and the gear, and then we'll take it easy for the night. Dinner, jacuzzi, and sauna will add a nice touch to the evening, and you'll sleep in comfort in our custom lavvo tents with bed and wood stove. Days 2-5 will be spent out on the Finnmarksvidda plateau, riding with your dog team through the wilderness, stopping now and then for food or side activities or just to take a break. On the last day, you'll return to Holmen Husky Lodge for one last overnight before returning to Alta.
This tour CAN be customized! Please contact us if you would like to talk over various options for your trip.
- 5 nights, 6 days, tours start on Wednesdays
- Transport from and to Alta city center
- Thermal suits if needed for weather
- Proper instruction on handling the dogsled
- Dinner and overnight at Holmen Husky Lodge before beginning the dog tour
- Four day dogsled tour, including meals
- Dinner and overnight at Holmen Husky Lodge on Day 5
- Please contact us if you would like to customize or add to this tour!
- The weather CAN become extreme in this part of the world. Holmen Husky Lodge reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the tour if the weather conditions appear unsafe.