Adventure to the North CapeDato: Fredag 31 jul 2020 - fredag 31 jul 2020
The North Cape Plateau - Follow in the footsteps of explorers, kings and queens. See the plateau at the end of the world, with its barren cliffs, and the mystical treeless and rugged landscape.
Situated at a latitude above 71'N, the cliff with the iconic globe is a breath-taking site, where you can enjoy the peace of the arctic north, the far-reaching sceneries, and the magic of the island Magerøya. Located on the edge of the three hundred meter tall cliffs is the North Cape Hall. It provides shelter from the elements, and is also offering a visitor's center with a panoramic cinema. Included in the tour is a visit to a scenic fishing village located on the east side of the island.
The tour starts in the harbour of Honningsvåg, it follows the fjords and crosses the plateau of the island before climbing up on the peninsula of North Cape itself. The plateau of the island is home to thousands of reindeer and birds, and a photo stop is made at the viewpoint overlooking Tufjord and the peninsula of North Cape. On the return from the cape we stop in the beautiful fishing village of Kamøyvær. Here you can discover for yourself how life is at the end of the world, visit the gallery of Eva Schmutterer (www.evart.no) or walk around the picturesque harbour.
New from 2019
A percentage of your ticket is donated to the Fishing Village Kamøyvær, which you will visit during the excursion. The village council is free to use the money on roads, parks, maintenance etc. to compensate for the amount of visitors that come to the village every summer. This is because we belive in sustainable tourism.
* Duration of the tour is 4 hours
* Entry to the North Cape visitors centre and its panoramic cinema is included in the price of the ticket
* We will stop at the summer camp of a Sami family, where reindeer can be seen, and visit the art gallery of Eva Schmutterer. This does not apply for tours starting at 11pm or later - instead we will provide an extra photo stop and a short sightseeing tour of Honningsvåg
* The schedule of the excursion and order of stops is adapted to the cruise ships timetable to make sure that you are back in time and have the best possible experience
* All buses are equipped with air-conditioning
* Guiding on the buss is in English or German - see timetables below
* Additional departures and language combinations upon request (Northcape2@arcticguideservice.no)
The excursion starts right at the harbor, where your ship will dock. There, you will see the information center and a large parking lot for buses. About half an hour before tour departure you will find our bus in this parking lot, marked with the number 100. Your friendly tour guide will also hold up a sign with "Adventure to the North Cape" and welcome you.